We get asked a lot of the same questions quite often. Before reaching out via the contact form, have a look at these frequently asked questions below and see if they may clear things up for you first.
Why does it cost more?
You are getting more value than you are paying. If you want a $50 class they are available in our area, but you get what you pay for. Comprehensive Carry is 2 classes in 1. Comprehensive Carry not only covers the NC required standards and qualifies you for you CCH Certificate, but also teaches you how to conceal, the best gear to use (to save you from buying something that doesn’t work), and how to draw, shoot, and reholster from concealment.
What do I need for class?
Equipment Required for all Classes:
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- Spare mags (minimum 4 double stack, 6 single stack)
- Quality holsters and belt combination. (Please carry how you would daily. Nothing shows inefficiencies like training.) If you have questions about this, please take our Comprehensive Carry class for additional information on daily carry options.
- Ear protection (electronic preferred so you can hear instruction)
- Eye protection (if wearing prescription glasses you should add side shields).
- Knee pads suggested (Pistol 2 and 3)
- Please wear clothing you can train in. No low cut tops, no open-toed shoes.
- Weather dependent supplies (sunblock, bug spray, etc)
- Comfort measures (hydration, snacks, chair, hand wipes)
- Masking tape
- Medical gear if you carry it daily
- An open mind! Training is to make you better.
Where are you located?
Our home base of operation is the Maiden, Newton, Claremont area of NC. The lecture portion of our classes is most often held at the Maiden Rescue Squad located at:
3496 St. James Church Rd.
Newton, NC, 28658
We host classes in other locations such as Ashe and Wilkes County, NC. Addresses for alternate locations can be found in the details of each class under the “Schedule” tab.
If you are interested in hosting a class at your location, please contact us with details.
What if the weather is bad?
You can’t choose the conditions you are in when the BAD GUY decides to pick a fight. Training will continue with the exception of lightning. Check the weather before classes and bring appropriate gear
Will a certain instructor be there?
Our company is not built around one instructor. We are family men and occasionally duty calls. Thus, we can’t always guarantee the presence of certain instructors. Nevertheless, you will be well taken care of the day of your class!
Where can I stay in the area?
Hilton Garden Inn Hickory
1320 17th St Dr SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Why do i need so many magazines?
First off, if you are carrying a gun. You need to carry a spare magazine to fix malfunctions! If you don’t carry a spare mag, you need training. Luckily we know some dudes that can help with that!
We recommend you bring multiple mags for training because round counts for class are typically 150-200 per day. We practice many magazine changes and lots of malfunction clearing in many weather conditions. Your mags will get dirty. You will miss out on training if you only bring 2 mags and 1 craps out on you.
We will transfer your tuition to another date/class. No refunds. No exceptions.